Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Mutiny

I was sitting out there holding my breath;
Everyone looked at me as if I was wretched.

That was a new year eve when the misfortune clenched;
My poor wrist drooped and swelled.

I looked ardently at the x ray room door;
There would be no fracture everyone was sure.

As the time kept elapsing;
The pain and agony kept grasping.

At last the devil came out holding a gray plate;
In his hand was my new year's fate.

His face was astonishingly sad;
My carpel was broken bad.

Then entered the brutal nurse holding a zapping needle;
Inserted and injected.......gosh that was lethal.

While returning my friends kept talking about the mutiny;
There talks kept encroaching my mind,was it my destiny.

Next day again I went to that hell;
There was peace on my face with no yell.

With a smile doctor wrapped the plaster round my hand;
Finally for three weeks I was booked and banned.

While all this period of time I kept observing and came to know;
Who were my friends and who were foes.

Finally my father arrived and took me home;
Handful of pills and a stony plaster were my companions when I was left all alone.....

1 comment:

Yogesh said...

A person can write well,a person can speak well..but i know its really difficult to think and write a poem..but you have done it...great piece of work...its not a simple poem..its an art...hope to see a lot more from you...